Triumph 21 bathtub

It looks like you may have more parts for it than we first thought. This is going to be a great project to follow

Good photo documentation of your project. I will be following this with great interest. TUP

Thnks i m docuing it at every step and will share with you for sure
yes parts are here and there......

Great that will be COOL

Yes, it looks better now than I first thought.
I'll be interested to see how the rebuild goes.

I too will follow this one with interest. Is it your goal to restore to original classic specification, or are you happy just to get it running?

both but i just want to keep it not running much

Thnks i m documenting it at every step and will share with you for sure
yes parts are here and there......

Excellent! This will be a great thread to follow.

interesting, very interesting..

yes please keep posting the photo's as you go along!

interesting, very interesting..

Not to hijack the thread, but Bear it is good to see you back. We have missed you.

Theres a guy name JUSTIN HARVEY JAMES is helping me to find the actual model year for my triumph.
he is not on this forum i guess i emailed him few days back and he replied me after checking the factory record and he provided me some great information. My bike frame no says H21546 so
i m trying to find its actuall model year. what he said pasting it below

(Dear Kashif

H21546 is a 1961 3TA part of a small batch of 28 similar machines.

Interestingly in the factory records there is little detail on this batch.
Production for the 3TA in 1961 is 3193 machines, the majority would have been exported.
I am going to look at the factory records again soon and will try to identify your machine and its original destination.

Most machines supplied to Pakistan were ordered for military or police duties and should have a specification that reflects this.
You should find either olive green of black paintwork, I would be interested if you could send me a few photographs as yours would be the first ex Pakistan machine I have come across.

I have attached the 1960 3TA Brochure image, this shows the machine in British (Home Market) specification and colours.

If you need further help I can attach additional pages from the works manual if you are having particular difficulty with the engine.
Engine parts are readily available but the cycle parts and tinware much more difficult, even here in England.

Regards

Justin The Tiger 90 Man)

Very nice of him to give you all that information

Very good information. It is nice to know the history of your bike. Please share any further information that you learn.

I believe I see the best "before" photo I've seen in quite a while! This should be a fantastic project to follow!

I've got a friend building one also. As stated by "Justin James" the tinware is hard to find. My friend had a bathtub made in the UK but he then had to do a lot of work to actually get it to fit correctly.

can i talk to ur frind for sometime i m planning to recreate tinware

My friend isn't computer literate. I can talk to him about suppliers if you make a list of the parts you can't find. It's a long and slow process, he's been working on his for some years now and he's a retired engineer.

Sent using mental telepathy because I'm in teleportation mode at this time.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom